Rare Pink is in Techstars Boston
We’re incredibly excited to announce today that for the next 3 months Rare Pink will be participating in the Boston Techstars Accelerator. Here’s what’s ahead for us…
What is a Techstars accelerator?
Techstars is a global ecosystem that helps entrepreneurs build great businesses.
We hope to benefit in several ways while we are here, including:
- A global network – just like an MBA, Techstars will lead to us meeting over 100 people who have achieved amazing things as founders and executives in exciting start-ups and global conglomerates. This network is for life.
- Acceleration – introductions to and the ability to work with some fantastic mentors, associates and investors leads to meaningful, rapid and exciting improvements in our vision, strategy and execution.
- A Boost in funding – Getting on the program is worth a small $20,000 investment from Techstars, as well $100,000 in the form of a convertible note. Perfect for that boost needed to add new rings to the site, improve our customer experience and to attract more customers.
- Benefits – Techstars companies get $1m worth of benefits, including free software, $25,000 in Amazon AWS credits, free flights and over 300 other benefits.
- Demo Day – On the 25th May we will be presenting to a room filled with investors and VCs and hope to get a few excited about the prospect of expanding the Rare Pink offering to more customers in the US market.
- Pay it forward – Once part of the TS alumni, we will have a platform and network through which we too can help others to do amazing things.
Why Techstars Boston?
Techstars is one of the best accelerators and has programs around the world. We chose Boston in particular because the program here often has more companies like ours: disruptive post-revenue businesses that are growing and interested to expand their presence into the US market.
We are also extremely fortunate to be able to work closely with Semyon (the MD), Ty and Eveline who run the show in Boston. All three are inspiring, emit a “let’s do this” kind of positive energy and have the kind of networks that can open more doors than we can walk through.
What does this mean for Rare Pink?
Being on the program will mean for the next few months we will be operating from two countries.
We have opened our doors to the Boston market and will be meeting with customers and suppliers in the US for the foreseeable future. So if you’re around and would like to meet with us, drop by the Boston Techstars HQ (based downtown) and let’s make great things happen and empower others to do so too.
– Nikolay & David