90 Day Returns Policy
We offer our customers the opportunity to return or exchange their jewellery within 90 days of their order being ready for collection or delivery. While we do offer all customers free shipping when delivering your order, we kindly ask you to cover the shipping charge when returning to us.
To be eligible for a refund, the customer must initiate the return within 90 days and must return it within one week of notifying us. Dependent on the date of notification, the item must be returned no later than 97 days after the date the order was ready for collection or delivery, in its unworn and original condition without any damage, and with all accompanying documents and materials.
Our Quality Assurance department will review the returned item(s). Items that show signs of wear or have been altered, resized (by Taylor & Hart or a jeweller other than Taylor & Hart), or damaged, are unable to be returned.
In the unlikely event that the item turns out to be faulty or different from those the customer ordered, Taylor & Hart will repair or replace the item free of charge or refund the item in full.
To initiate the refund process, please contact your consultant or email@example.com quoting your order number.
While the majority of our products are subject to the standard returns policy, some special designs may not be eligible for return or may have some fees that are non-refundable.
Rings set with any of the following gems are not refundable – a natural diamond(s) of value greater than £20,000, a lab-grown diamond(s) of value greater than £6,000, a coloured gemstone(s) of value greater than £5,000 or any of the following shapes: Old Mine, Rose Cut, Hexagonal, Old European or Kite, with a value greater than £4,000.
Any diamond sold loose or unset may also differ from the standard policy.
If you choose a design which is non-resizable, then the ring mount is not covered by our returns policy. In any case where our standard return policy does not apply due to design features, your consultant will inform you of this in advance of you making your purchase.
Improperly packaged shipments will be refused upon receipt. Returns with missing paperwork (including the GIA report) or product(s) will not be processed.
If you return your order and exchange it for another ring, the second ring is non-returnable (unless the reason for returning is a manufacturing issue).
Making an exchange
If you want to make an exchange for a different ring within 90 days of receiving your order, we’ll gladly arrange this for you. We do kindly ask that you cover the shipping charge when returning the ring to us.
Re-stocking fees will apply as follows:
- There’s a £250 handling and re-stocking fee to exchange your engagement ring or replace your centre stone into a new design.
- There’s a £100 handling and re-stocking fee to exchange your wedding ring.
- Any replaced or newly set ring is non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
Remaking your ring
For our UK customers, we offer one free ring resize with every purchase. If you do require a resize, we kindly ask that you cover the cost of shipping back to us and we’ll ship your ring back to you free of charge. We’re unable to offer resize services to customers outside of the US & UK or accept returns on orders that have been resized.
Should your ring need to be resized by more than two sizes up or down, your ring will need to be remade. The fee to remake a ring starts from £300.
The return process
Upon receiving your returned item in its original condition, the diamond will be weighed and checked against its corresponding grading certificate and our quality assurance experts will evaluate the jewellery piece.
If you’re returning the products to us because they’re faulty, we’ll refund the price of the purchase in full.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy or the terms and conditions of sale.
Your refund will then be processed in the following 4 to 5 business days and be paid using the original method of payment. This may take up to 14 days from receipt of the jewellery, depending on your location/payment method.
How to prepare a return
The following three-step process must be adhered to in order to successfully return an item to Taylor & Hart and receive a refund:
- Initiate your return: Contact your consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating you’d like to make a return as well as providing your order reference number. They’ll instruct you on an appropriate shipping address.
- Packaging your return: Please include all the original packaging and additional materials – make sure you include your diamond grading certificate as replacing this certificate is not possible. For security reasons, avoid writing, “diamonds” or “Taylor & Hart” anywhere on the outside of the box.
- Shipping your package from the UK: Please return the ring to us using Royal Mail Special Delivery using the option with insurance included. When shipping your package, ensure you request both a tracking number and receipt and forward these to your point of contact at Taylor & Hart.
- Shipping your package from an EU country to the UK: Please return your order to us using DHL to our Bulgarian office – details will be provided by the customer care team. Ensure you forward the tracking number to your point of contact at Taylor & Hart.
- Shipping your package from any other country (not UK or EU) to the UK: Please return your order to us using FedEx. When shipping your package, please use the commercial invoice that customer care will have provided to you and ensure you forward the tracking number to your point of contact at Taylor & Hart. NOTE: As you are shipping from a country outside of our office location, the return shipment may incur customs fees. Please inform the courier that you will cover these fees when booking the shipment. Failing to do so will lead to Taylor & Hart deducting these fees from the refund amount.
If the return instructions are not followed, Taylor & Hart will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to returned shipments. Taylor & Hart withholds the right to refuse returns that are improperly packaged.
If you are unsure about any aspect of the process, please contact us before returning your purchase at email@example.com.