We offer our customers the opportunity to return or exchange their rings within 90 days of their order being ready for collection or delivery.
*We offer our customers the opportunity to return or exchange their jewellery items (necklaces and bracelets) within 30 days of their order being ready for collection or delivery. We do not accept returns on earrings. For some bespoke designs, we’ll deduct a £150 amount from your returns total should you choose to return your item. If your item is not eligible for a full refund, you’ll be notified by your consultant and on your quotation page before placing your order.
While we do offer all customers free shipping when delivering your order, we kindly ask you to cover the shipping charge when returning to us.
To be eligible for a refund, the customer must initiate the return within 90 days and must return it within one week of notifying us. Dependent on the date of notification, the item must be returned no later than 97 or 37 days after the date the order was ready for collection or delivery, in its unworn and original condition without any damage, and with all accompanying documents and materials.
Our Quality Assurance department will review the returned item(s). Items that show signs of wear or have been altered, resized (by Taylor & Hart or a jeweller other than Taylor & Hart), or damaged, are unable to be returned.
In the unlikely event that the item turns out to be faulty or different from those the customer ordered, Taylor & Hart will repair or replace the item free of charge or refund the item in full.
To initiate the refund process, please contact our Customer Care Team or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order number.
While the majority of our products are subject to the standard returns policy, some special designs may not be eligible for return or may have some fees that are non-refundable. For some bespoke designs, we’ll deduct a £150 amount from your returns total should you choose to return your item. If your item is not eligible for a full refund, you’ll be notified by your consultant and on your quotation page before placing your order.
Rings set with any of the following gems are not refundable – a natural diamond(s) of value greater than £20,000, a lab-grown diamond(s) of value greater than £6,000, a coloured gemstone(s) of value greater than £5,000 or any of the following shapes: Old Mine, Rose Cut, Hexagonal, Old European or Kite, with a value greater than £4,000, custom cut gemstones or diamonds of any value.
Any diamond sold loose or unset may also differ from the standard policy.
If you choose a design which is non-resizable, then the ring mount is not covered by our returns policy. In any case where our standard return policy does not apply due to design features, your consultant will inform you of this in advance of you making your purchase.
Improperly packaged shipments will be refused upon receipt. Returns with missing paperwork (including the GIA report) or product(s) will not be processed.
If you return your order and exchange it for another ring, the second ring is non-returnable (unless the reason for returning is a manufacturing issue).
Making an exchange
If you want to make an exchange for a different ring within 90 days of receiving your order, we’ll gladly arrange this for you. We do kindly ask that you cover the shipping charge when returning the ring to us.
If you choose to exchange your ring, the following fees may apply:
- A £250 handling and re-stocking fee to exchange your engagement ring or replace your centre stone into a new design.
- A £100 handling and re-stocking fee to exchange your wedding ring.
- Any replaced or newly set ring is non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
Remaking your ring
For our UK, EU and US customers, we offer one free ring resize with every purchase within 90 days of receiving or collecting your order.
Second or additional resizings outside of this 90 day period are possible for UK customers for a fee.
For UK & US customers, we kindly ask that you bring the ring back to our showroom and/or cover the cost of shipping the ring back to us, but we’ll ship it back to you free of charge.
For EU customers that require resizing, aftercare, or an inspection, please get in touch with our Customer Care Team via email@example.com to assist with the return shipment.
Kindly note that we will require a minimum of 3 weeks for aftercare for customers based in the EU.
Please note that if you need your ring resized by more than two sizes within 90 days, there may be a fee to remake the ring starting from £300 incl. VAT. Visit our Resizing Policy for more information.
The return process
Upon receiving your returned item in its original condition, the diamond will be weighed and checked against its corresponding grading certificate and our quality assurance experts will evaluate the jewellery piece.
If you’re returning the products to us because they’re faulty, we’ll refund the price of the purchase in full.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy or the terms and conditions of sale.
Your refund will then be processed in the following 4 to 5 business days and be paid using the original method of payment. This may take up to 14 days from receipt of the jewellery, depending on your location/payment method.
How to prepare a return
The following three-step process must be adhered to in order to successfully return an item to Taylor & Hart and receive a refund:
- Initiate your return: Contact the Customer Care Team or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating you’d like to make a return as well as providing your order reference number. They’ll instruct you on an appropriate shipping address.
- Packaging your return: Please include all the original packaging and additional materials – make sure you include your diamond grading certificate as replacing this certificate is not possible. For security reasons, avoid writing, “diamonds” or “Taylor & Hart” anywhere on the outside of the box.
- Shipping your package from the UK: Please return the ring to us using Royal Mail Special Delivery using the option with insurance included. When shipping your package, ensure you request both a tracking number and receipt and forward these to your point of contact at Taylor & Hart.
- Shipping your package from an EU country to the UK: Please return your order to us using DHL – address details will be provided by the customer care team at time of initiation. Ensure you forward the tracking number to your point of contact at Taylor & Hart.
- Shipping your package from any other country (not UK or EU) to the UK: Please return your order to us using FedEx. When shipping your package, please use the commercial invoice that customer care will have provided to you and ensure you forward the tracking number to your point of contact at Taylor & Hart. NOTE: As you are shipping from a country outside of our office location, the return shipment may incur customs fees. Please inform the courier that you will cover these fees when booking the shipment. Failing to do so will lead to Taylor & Hart deducting these fees from the refund amount
If the return instructions are not followed, Taylor & Hart will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to returned shipments. Taylor & Hart withholds the right to refuse returns that are improperly packaged.
If you are unsure about any aspect of the process, please contact us before returning your purchase at email@example.com.