Our returns policy
We offer our customers the opportunity to return or exchange their jewelry within 30 days of their order being delivered. While we do offer all customers free shipping when delivering your order, we kindly ask you to cover the shipping charge when returning to us.
To be eligible for a refund the customer must initiate the return within 30 days and must return it within one week of notifying us. Therefore, the item must be returned no later than 37 days after the delivery date, in its unworn and original condition without any damage, and with all accompanying documents and materials.
Our Quality Assurance department will review the returned item(s). Items that show signs of wear or have been altered, resized (by a jeweller other than Taylor & Hart), or damaged, are unable to be returned.
In the unlikely event that the item turns out to be faulty or different from those the customer ordered, Taylor & Hart will repair or replace the item free of charge or refund the item in full.
To initiate the refund process, please contact your consultant or [email protected] quoting your order number.
Whilst the majority of our products are subject to the standard returns policy some special designs may not be eligible for return or may have some fees that are non refundable. Return periods for individual diamonds or gemstones of greater than £15,000 sold loose or unset may differ from the standard policy.
In any case where our standard return policy does not apply, your consultant will inform you of this in advance of you making your purchase.
Improperly packaged returns will be refused upon receipt. Returns with missing paperwork (including the GIA report) or product(s) will not be processed.
If you return your order and exchange it for a another ring, the second ring is non-returnable (unless the reason for returning is a manufacturing issue).
Making an exchange
If you wish to make an exchange for a different ring within 30 days of receiving your order, we will gladly arrange this for you without charge. We do kindly ask that you cover the shipping charge when returning the ring to us.
It is also possible to make an exchange up to 90 days after receiving your order. Re-stocking fees will apply as follows:
- If your ring is from our pre-designed collection range: £250 re-stocking fee if you keep the same diamond
- If your ring is from our pre-designed collection range: £250 re-stocking fee if the diamond is changed, however it must adhere to our Diamond Upgrade Policy
- If your ring was custom-designed or a modified design from our collection: 25% reduction in the price of a completely new ring, if the same diamond is used
- If your ring was custom-designed or a modified design from our collection: 15% reduction in the price of a completely new ring and if a new diamond is used, the new diamond must adhere to our Diamond Upgrade Policy
The return process
Upon receiving your returned item in its original condition, the diamond will be weighed and checked against its corresponding grading certificate and our quality assurance experts will evaluate the jewellery piece.
If you are returning the products to us because they are faulty, we will refund the price of the purchase in full.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy or the terms and conditions of sale.
Your refund will then be processed in the following 4 to 5 business days and be paid using the original method of payment. This may take up to 14 days from receipt of the jewellery, depending on your location/payment method.
How to prepare a return
The following three-step process must be adhered to in order to successfully return an item to Taylor & Hart and receive a refund:
- Initiate your return: Contact your consultant or email e[email protected] stating you would like to make a return as well as providing your order reference number. They will instruct you on an appropriate shipping address.
- Packaging your return: Please include all the original packaging and additional materials -make sure you include your diamond grading certificate as replacing this certificate is not possible. For security reasons, avoid writing, “diamonds” or “Taylor & Hart” anywhere on the outside of the box.
- Shipping your package: For returns within the UK, please return the ring to us using Royal Mail. For orders coming from outside the UK, please return the ring using a courier of your choice that will enable you to track your order. We recommend FedEx. When shipping your package, ensure you request both a tracking number and receipt and forward these to your point of contact at Taylor & Hart.
If the return instructions are not followed, Taylor & Hart will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to returned shipments. Taylor & Hart withholds the right to refuse returns that are improperly packaged.
If you are unsure about any aspect of the process, please contact us before returning your purchase at e[email protected].